PRI Associate Faculty have contributed the following list of suggested PRI related research topics for students and researchers:
1. Determine prevalence of right sacro-iliac joint dysfunction with the following examination findings: positive Left Adduction Drop Test and negative Left Extension Drop Test.
2. Determine prevalence of anterior superior labral tears on the left vs. right side.
3. Study concomitant activation of the left adductor to oppose the right gluteus maximus.
4. Describe gait patterns and identify common trends between the different PRI classifications: Left AIC patho-compensatory pattern and non patho-compensatory pattern and PEC pattern.
5. Study data of seated, passive, hip internal rotation and the relationship to laxity of the Y ligament.
6. Record spirometer reading and EMG study of oblique and back extensor activity (inhale/exhale) to describe the difference between sitting with lumbar extension (via lumbar roll) and sitting with a neutral sacrum.
7. Study EMG activity when performing Hruska Adduction Lift Test and Hruska Abduction Lift Test.
8. Study standing A-P x-rays to determine validity and reliability of Adduction Drop Test for assessing pelvic position.
9. Study diagnosed labral tear patients to determine categories or patterns of right verses left.
10. Compare labral tear classifications using seated hip range of motion, Adduction Drop Test, Extension Drop Test, and x-rays to determine predictors of causes (ie. laxity, compression).
11. Study valid and reliable methods of documenting hip shifting and normal values.
12. Study axial influences on appendicular rest position.
13. Study the coorelation of Postural Restoration methodologies with lumbar canal opening and erect postural position.
14. The role of the hamstrings with PRI Prone Alternating Reciprocal Hamstring Curls.
15. The influence of apical chest wall limitations on lower extremity frontal plane activity.